Student Learning Expectations
A graduate of Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is:
I. A faithful Catholic who:
A. Practices the Gospel values and leads a prayerful life.
B. Makes moral choices based on the teachings of the Church.
C. Develops a spirit of service to family, school, parish, community.
D. Has a great love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and for Mary, His Mother.
II. A diligent learner who:
A. Possesses a solid foundation in basic subjects.
B. Is a good reader with high comprehension and writing skills.
C. Is a critical thinker and problem solver.
D. Is a good listener and can follow directions.
E. Is able to responsibly utilize technology for learning, communication, and enjoyment.
III. A responsible citizen who:
A. Is self-disciplined, productive, understands and accepts responsibility.
B. Respects authority, self, peers, and others, regardless of their diversity.
C. Knows how to lead and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
D. Is aware of global issues.
Simplified versión for lower grades:
We are Faithful Catholics who:
- Pray and follow the Gospel
- Know Church teaching and make good choices
- Serve our families, school, Church, and communities
- Love Jesus in the Eucharist and Mary
We are Diligent Learners who:
- Study hard and learn the different subjects
- Are good readers and writers
- Are critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Listen and follow directions
- Can use technology well
We are Responsible Citizens who:
- Are self-disciplined, productive and responsible
- Respect others
- Make healthy choices
- Know what’s happening in the world beyond where we live